With the holidays around the corner, you may find yourself in the kitchen more, whipping up batches of baked goods and other sorts. You may find your favorite traditional recipes could use an extra boost of health. Baking and cooking are important activities in yoga practice. It is linked to an increase in a person's overall wellbeing. In this week's Universe in the Clouds Wellness Wednesday series Holiday Edition we'll be diving into some CBD/THC infused baking.
This Anti Anxiety CBD Cookie recipe is courtesy of Chateline.com.
We're drooling over here and eager to relax with these warm and delicious baked holiday cookies.
Anti Anxiety CBD Cookie Recipe:
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter , softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar or sub coconut sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 20 mg CBD oil , or tincture (optional)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (gf optional)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp finely copped Brazil nuts
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- Position rack in center of oven, then preheat to 325F.
- Mix butter with sugar in a medium bowl until creamy. Stir in egg yolk, vanilla and CBD oil. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds.
- Divide batter into 4 equal portions. Gently roll each into a ball and arrange, 3 in. apart, on parchment-lined baking sheet. (Cookies will spread as they bake.)
- Bake until cookies are golden around edges, 15 to 18 min. Let cookies stand on sheet for 2 min, then transfer to a rack to cool completely or serve warm.
This recipe yields four cookies, each with about 5 mg of CBD.
These CBD cookies are meant to be consumed almost immediately. (If you plan on storing cookies, place them in resealable bags and clearly label your treats. Keep them out of reach of children and pets.)
Substitute 20 mg CBD oil with a total of 4 mg THC oil, if desired. This will yield four cookies, each with about 1 mg of THC. Experienced users can mix and match the proportions of CBD and THC oils.
Sneak away and have a moment to yourself with these relaxing holiday staple medicinal cookies. Happy Holidays everyone.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Ancient Gifts of Love, Ayurvedic, butter, cannabis, cannabis blog, cooking, holidays, recipe, relaxation, thcrecipe, yoga, yoga and cannabis